
For Christmas, Dan’s parents gave Anna a Fisher-Price CD Player. It’s not actually a CD Player. Instead it’s like the old Speak-n-Play. When you push the orange nose the wheel spins. Then it names the animal that appears at the top, sings a nursery rhyme about the animal, and plays the animal noise.
This toy terrifies Anna. When the wheel spins it makes a loud whirring noise kind of like a growl. Soon after she got it, she tipped it over on it’s face and it wouldn’t stop whirring. I guess that traumatized her.
There are also three buttons on top that let you play the name of the animal, the nursery rhyme, or the sound separately. But the entire thing scares her and I think it’s adorable. Even when I push the top button, the poor thing will start to shake and then she’ll crawl to me, grab my shirt or my hair with her little hands and wrap her legs around me (as much of me as her short little legs can get around). If I'm sitting on the floor with her she'll try to crawl up the side of my head just to get away from it. I love the way she hugs me when it scares her. I guess I like feeling needed and I think it’s pretty funny that she’s so terrified of it. So every few weeks I get it back out to see if it still scares her and as of today, it still does. I guess if I were truly horrible, I'd try to chase her around the house with it. But since I'm not, we’ll try again in a few more weeks.


2 comments:
ok thats funny, Ryelle is scared of this little Elmo doll/ball it shakes and giggles when you touch it and Benji thinks its hilarious, Ryelle just screams :)
I KNOW that toy. We got it from someone for Jefferson. It is no longer around. That means I threw it away. I remember just HATING that toy!
Post a Comment