Another not so great thing that Anna is doing these days is peeing in the bath water. I'm sure she's been relieving herself in the water from the beginning, but I never had to see it before. Ever since she started walking, she likes to stand up in the tub when I first put her in. As soon as her feet hit that warm water, she pees. It's just a little disheartening to see, but I'm getting used to it.
Lately, our nap time routine has changed a bit. Up until about a month ago, every time I put Anna to sleep, first we would rock in the rocking chair and I would sing her lullabies to calm her. Recently she decided she wanted me to read her books instead. Her favorite books are Counting Kisses by Karen Katz and Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox. I can almost recite both books, but they are teaching her her body parts. Already she anticipates the kisses on the nose and points to her nose.
Just this past week she started saying "hi." Now she likes to walk around the house saying "hi." I guess that's how she does things. Several months ago she walked around the house saying, "Mom?" and then for a few weeks it was "huh?"


No comments:
Post a Comment