Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Nursery

Anna went to nursery for the first time on Sunday. She walked right in a didn't look back. About half way through, she had a dirty diaper, so I had a good excuse to see how she was doing. I wondered if she might freak out when I took her back to nursery since this time she would know that I was leaving her, but she didn't. I know I should be relieved that it was so easy (at least for this first Sunday), but I'm sort of disappointed that she didn't miss me more. I guess I was secretly hoping to spend a few weeks in nursery while she adjusted and maybe I still will. I certainly don't want to jinx myself. It just feels like she's growing up so fast and there's a part of me that doesn't want her to.

Here are a few other things we've been up to in the last week.
We had a family picnic in Provo Canyon on Friday and Anna loved the Oreos and all the attention. By the end of the evening she would plop down in someone's lap and then almost immediately get up and move to another lap. This kid is constantly on the go. Lucky for me she still takes two naps (most of the time).
Yes, I do believe in child labor and teaching my child how to work at an early age. I saw this idea on a website, to make my swiffer handle shorter and Anna loves it. She doesn't really get the floor clean, but I'd much rather have her doing this than pulling my makeup out of my bathroom drawer or playing with matches like she was today. A few days ago, she brought me a tampon. I guess those safety latches on the cabinets don't work if I don't shut the cabinet.
This kid loves fruit and especially watermelon, even the rind. On our picnic, she kept trying to bite the rind. I figure she'll eventually realize that the rind doesn't taste half as good as the pink stuff. She would eat only fruit if I would let her, but I continue to torture her by giving her other foods to eat. She's great at eating pinto or black beans and pasta with tomato sauce, but she will not allow me to put cauliflower or broccoli on her tray. As soon as I set in on her tray, she picks it up and hands it to me or throws it. Little does she know that I puree the stuff and hide it in the tomato sauce. Bwa ha ha!


3 comments:

Cami said...

You're still on two naps? Jealous. Janey does sometimes I guess. It looks like she had a great time! Oh, the messiness of the canyon.

Elder Richey said...

I always knew you were sneaky. :)

Jessica said...

Hip hip hooray for nursery! It was fun to come down and see you and the baby. She's gotten so big and is so darn cute!

I'm glad to hear your adoption file was approved, and I hope you had a great time at your race on Saturday!