Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Weekend

Because we live in Utah, the Fourth of July holiday was spread over Saturday and Monday. Saturday we went to the pool, had a barbecue at our house with tons of food, and watched the fireworks on our front lawn. Then on Monday I ran in a 10K. Anna "no like the fireworks." She didn't really even want to watch the ones my sister Erica brought. I'm not sure if they were too loud or too bright. Last year, when the choice was to go to bed or stay outside with us and watch the fireworks, she chose the fireworks. This year, we made the mistake of turning on Up for her as a distraction while the adults played games. So when the choice was sitting outside, watching loud fireworks or watching her favorite movie, she picked Russell and Kevin over us. I tried to get her to come outside at first. I put her between my legs and gave her a blanket. Pretty quickly she had scooted down under the blanket and was whimpering "back home! back home!" So I took her inside and then Dan traded me half way through. Maybe next year we'll be smarter and Anna will actually watch the fireworks.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Seriously, I've NEVER taken my kids to see fireworks. I'm the worst mom ever. Also, am I REALLY this behind in your blog? Crazy.