Sunday, August 15, 2010

Evie's Blessing and Sealing

Last Sunday Dan blessed Evie in Church and then on Tuesday she was sealed to us in the Mount Timpanogos temple. A friend of mine took photos of our family after the sealing, but I didn't manage to get any of my own photos of these events. At any rate, it's nice to know that Evie is now officially a child of record in the Church and that she's sealed to us. Lately, except for some occasional squeals when she's bored or getting hungry, Evie has become a very quiet child. For some reason she's stopped babbling and she hardly ever cries. So she was also very quiet when the temple workers brought her into the sealing, but she seemed to be so attentive as she looked at Dan and then at the sealer. Anna was also very quiet as she sat on Dan's mom's lap and watched Evie being sealed to us. To say it was special seems to understate it and sounds a little trite, but I don't know any other way to describe that moment. We're so grateful that Evie is a part of our family and so grateful to Heather and her parents for making this day possible.

3 comments:

Heather said...

it wasn't me. it was Heavenly Father that made it possible. He sent Evie to bless all of us :)

Elder Richey said...

I'm so happy for you. So so happy.

Cami said...

So wonderful!! I wish I'D been the one to take your pics. Congratulations!