
She's also become a real pro at rolling to her right. Then she gets stuck on her stomach. She'll push up on her arms, until she gets frustrated. But often when we roll her to her back, she'll pop back over onto her tummy almost as soon as we get her to her back. I've been working with her to try and get her to roll to her left, but she's not too interested when it's so easy to roll to her right. This afternoon she finally pushed herself from her tummy to her back, but I guess she's still figuring it out because she wasn't able to do it again. The doctor says that the only way she'll learn to roll off her tummy is if she gets frustrated enough to figure it out. So I've been letting her cry on her tummy, but I can only last so long before I feel bad for her and help her out.
I'm discovering that Evie is the kind of personality that just keeps working on something until she figures it out, where Anna rolled over once, thought about it for a few months and then when she tried it again, within a few days rolled to both sides and from her tummy to her back pretty quickly. Despite their different approaches, both of them started rolling at about the same age.
She's also started rolling over in her crib, and then eventually she'll start to cry until I go into her room and roll her back over. Maybe I should leave her, but it's even harder to listen to the crying at two-forty in the morning.
The vaccinations were also traumatic. Evie doesn't cry much but when she gets her shots it's such a heart breaking, pitiful cry. She also didn't cry too long, but ever since she got her shots, she's had this funny little whine. It's sort of a high-pitched squeal that she tosses out every now and then.
Evie's still figuring out her solids. She is now eating butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and green beans, but the squash seems to be her favorite. If she's hungry, she can easily eat an entire jar (stage one) of baby food and then some days she only wants a few bites before she tries to bury her head in the back of her high chair.


1 comment:
6 months! She is so grown up for her age, it seems. What a doll.
Post a Comment