For Memorial Day, I took the kids up to the Brigham City Cemetery where my mom's parents are buried along with some of my other ancestors. The weather was awful. When we got to Brigham City it was raining and cold. We stood outside for much too long, but after driving all that way, I didn't want to just toss the flowers out the door and turn around and go home. After visiting the cemetery, my cousin Connie and I took the kids to McDonald's to play.
This is a photo of Evie with Connie's daughter Sarah. Like Evie, Sarah is also adopted and is part hispanic or Latina. I still haven't figured out which is the best term to use. Sarah was great with my kids.Evie LOVES her pink snow boots and is always brining them to me so that I'll put them on her. She also loves the idea of carrying a purse, or in this case, a Trader Joe's bag. Since I took this photo she's also started demanding that I dress her in Anna's dance recital outfit. She is clearly all girl.
At the Thanksgiving Point Children's Garden--one of our favorite summer spots.
I had to take our car into the dealer to get the oil changed (when we bought it, it came with a year's worth of free maintenance). Rather than sit in the waiting room, I figured we'd walk over to a nearby park.
Evie has no fear when it comes to slides. This is one of the tallest slides I've seen at a park. Anna climbed to the top first and decided she didn't want to slide down. But then Evie climbed up there and without a second thought, she slid down it on her tummy. After that, Anna decided it would be okay to go down the slide too.





No comments:
Post a Comment