The other day I uploaded all the photos I've taken on my phone. It's so nice to be able to so easily transfer these photos to my computer.
February
In February, Evie had tubes placed in her ears due to the almost constant ear infections she's had. We had to get to the hospital around seven in the morning. Evie LOVED the fish tank, but we didn't wait long before they took us back and had us dress her in a hospital gown.Even though it's a little sad to see your baby dressed in a hospital gown, it was also kind of cute. They took her away from us for the surgery and sent us to another room to wait. It felt like we waited ten minutes before we could hear her screaming as they brought her back to us. They kept telling us that she was just disoriented from the anesthesia and that as soon as we walked out of the front doors, she would calm down because she would know that we were leaving the hospital. Not so. She screamed most of the way home until she fell asleep in her car seat. I kept thinking that maybe she was also screaming because they just punched holes in her ear drums, but what do I know?
Since her surgery she's managed to beat the odds and have two more ear infections, but that's a significant improvement over last winter. And now that she has the tubes, as soon as her ears start to drain, I can tell that she's got an ear infection and start giving her drops. She's sleeping through the night so much better now and we all feel better rested. So, despite her two ear infections, I think the surgery was a good idea.
Eating ice cream at Baskin Robbins thanks to a Valentine's Day gift from Grandpa and Sandy.
Anna chose Bubble gum flavor.
Yay for frozen yogurt. It was my addiction from February to May, so the kids benefitted.
March
Evie is playing peek-a-boo with her napkin at the Olive Garden.
April
wearing Mom's lip gloss (applied by Anna)
May
Our friend, Walene, treated us to some frozen treats at Starbucks and Evie totally took over my chocolate drink.
Anna abandoned naps soon after her third birthday, but every now and then she'll get tired enough that she'll bury her head in some pillows and fall asleep. Just yesterday she climbed up on our couch and I found her with her face totally pressed against the pillows, in the fetal position.
June
Evie loves the swings. Once I put her in, I can't get her out, except to switch to another swing.




























No comments:
Post a Comment