Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spa Treatment


Lately, we've been having some issues with clogged tear ducts. Often Anna wakes up with lots of gunk in her eyes. Being the paranoid first time mom that I am, I called the pediatrician and they told me that as long as the whites of her eyes aren't pink then it's just clogged tear ducts. But it's pretty frightening to get your baby up in the night and see her eye lids glued together. The easiest way to remove the gunk when she's got lots of it is to put a warm wash cloth on her eyes and then use a wet cotton ball (one for each eye), to wipe away the moistened crusties. She's really good about just lying there as long as she's got a pacifier or a bottle in her mouth. Anyway, I thought it sort of looked like she was getting a facial, or like she's blindfolded and wearing a straight jacket, but we prefer to keep it positive in our house.

While wiping her eyes one day, I got just enough water in her hair for some of it to start to curl. Of course, now that it's dried, it mostly stands straight up. I never thought I'd be one to do bows or put hair product in my baby's hair, but I'm starting to understand why some people do. We're still a ways off from that though.

Some things I love about Anna:

  1. Often when I put her in her crib for a nap, she grunts like a little pig.
  2. When she's hungry and I'm not making her bottle fast enough, she sucks on my sleeve.
  3. I love her frog legs (see the bottom right corner in the photo above).
  4. Sometimes when I pull the bottle out of her mouth, she makes loud smacking noises.
  5. Most of all, I love to hold and cuddle her.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Cami said...

Good luck with those gunky eyes. I hate that. She is so darling! I love the little curlies! It will make bathtime so much fun.

Timid Tripper said...

cami,
sounds like you have some experience w/ gunky eyes. any advice?

Elder Richey said...

Alisa, she is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person.

terica said...

I mean, really, you have the cutest baby on earth! She is precious!

La La Land said...

She is so tiny and sweet! How much does she weigh? Alice was jaundice as well, so I feel your pain! I can't wait to see that little sweetie in person!!!

Susan said...

What a sweetheart! As for those things you love, (the frog legs etc) when Jennifer was born she used to move her head all around so much that her Daddy called her his little turtle! Gosh they grow up fa