Anna has a very strict pediatrician. She told me not to take Anna out in public until she was two months old because if Anna got a fever, she would hospitalize her and run all sort of tests just to make sure she knew exactly what was causing the fever. The doctor doesn't care if I take Anna A friend of mine warned me about young and overzealous pediatricians, but in every other respect, I really like this pediatrician. Finding a pediatrician when one is adopting can be a bit tricky, but this doctor and her nurse have always been wonderful about answering questions before and after we adopted Anna. I don't call the nurse often, but they always make me feel like I can call anytime I have a question. And the doctor's threat has probably also helped keep me from trying to do more than either of us is really able to do.
So I'm not bitter, but we have been sneaking out every now and then. Her first trip out to a public location was to the library. Revealing, ay? And, don't tattle on me but this past weekend I took her, along with my sisters, to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The tulips were nice but the wind was not. It buffeted us the entire time and after I got home, I actually found small grains of dirt in my ears. Anna was a very good sport, snoozing in her stroller the entire time (except for those times we pulled her out for a photo). We tried to keep her covered up, but I think she still ended up with some dust in her sinuses. So maybe I should have listened to my pediatrician and kept her home this time, but at least we got some cute pictures.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Good for you for sneaking out! I am a lunatic and plan on taking my child across the country 2 weeks after she is born, but oh well. I think the fresh air is good for her.
Post a Comment