
As I've mentioned before, Anna and I have been sneaking out occasionally and I decided to take her to Church the last Sunday in April. But I didn't want to be too crazy, so I decided I'd take her for the last hour and a half of Church. We sneaked into the back of Sunday School, but wouldn't you know it, a toddler spotted her. I think it's pretty cute how little kids like babies, so I wasn't too worried until the toddler sneezed on Anna. Oh well, I figured.
Sunday night was a rough night in our house. Anna woke up more than usual and seemed especially stuffy. And I was exhausted from not getting enough

sleep over the weekend. She seemed a little warm to me, so I took her temperature under her arm and it was 99.2 degrees. I was sure that meant that her real temperature was actually 100.2 degrees and if I called the pediatrician she would hospitalize her. I never thought I would do the mother guilt freak out thing, but I did. I was sure that her fever was all my fault because I cheated and took her to church (and a family baby shower) before she was officially two months old.
After crying all morning (remeber that I was a bit sleep deprived), I called the doctor's office and they made an appointment for me. When I got her in there, her rectal temperature was only 99.2 and she had no signs of an ear infection. So the diagnosis was a simple cold. In the end, she was fine and I didn't get busted for taking her out.
Today she finally hit her two-month mark and received the first major vaccinations, so now we're free and clear to take her to Church and out into the real world. To celebrate, I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. But that's not to say that she's ready for the full grocery shopping experience. I think we'll put that off as long as possible.
1 comment:
Oh the trauma of infant sickness! I think you did great. If you want to feel better, you can berate me for taking a 2-week old on a plane across the country to a wedding. See, don't you feel better about church???
Post a Comment