Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Turns Out Her Poop Doesn't Stick

Just yesterday I said that someday Anna will crawl away with poop stuck to her bum. Anna's not quite crawling yet, but today I learned that it doesn't really stick to her bum. Unfortunately for me, this morning she decided to poop when she wasn't wearing a diaper. I gave her a bath this morning and as usual I let her have some nekkid time on a towel before sticking her in the bath. And lucky me, she decided to poop. So there she is pooping. I'm frozen because the wipes are in the other room and the poop is coming out of her bum and she's rolling around and so is the poop (and it's not sticking to her bum). I knew enough to grab her legs and try and hold her out of it, but I didn't know what to do about the poop. But Anna knew what to do. She grabbed her poop, at which point, I finally grabbed some toilet paper and disposed of the poop in the toilet. I guess it was good I was going to give her a bath anyway. I gave her hands and mine a good scrubbing. I'd rather have her poop on the towel than in the bathtub, but as long as I'm picking I'd pick the diaper as the best place of all to poop.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Awww, I had to be a little excited for your first grabbing poop story. I know it was probably horrible for you, but funny for us! At least she didn't do it while you weren't looking--I never have had a kid eat the poop, but I've heard of it.

The Hyer Family said...

I love that you said "poop" so many times...ahhh...the life of a mom!