Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthday Girl

This sweet little girl turned one yesterday. It's hard to believe that a year has already flown by. Because Anna gets overwhelmed by lots of adults, we decided to keep her birthday party to her aunts and uncles and Dan's parents this year. We'll be celebrating on Saturday, but yesterday Anna got to open her presents from Mom and Dad.

She did a little better at opening her presents than at Christmas, but mostly she just wanted to play with the bows and use the boxes to help her stand up. At one point, one of the bows got stuck to her bum and it was so funny, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera.


These days Anna loves to cruise around, holding onto anything available to keep her on her feet. She especially likes holding onto Mom's legs. She's also become a very speedy crawler and she recently learned to clap and point. We've tried to train her to hold up her pointer finger when we ask her how old she is. If she's already pointing, she'll usually do it. If asked where her tongue is, and if she's in the right mood, she'll stick it out and wiggle it. She has also learned where her head is. Her favorite foods are refried beans, apples, cottage cheese, yogurt, and pasta with spaghetti sauce. I'm excited to see what she'll do with chocolate cake on Saturday. We're so glad she's a part of our family.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Katie M. said...

So cute - how did you get her hair to do that?

The Charm said...

She's DARLING!! I'm excited for her par-tay on Saturday!! I can't believe she's going to be one. Crazy!

ritabega said...

Love the doo! That picture is definitely one to show at her wedding reception!

La La Land said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe she's 1!!!!

Cami said...

Look at that hair! She's a total doll.