Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Acrobatics

This sweet little girl loves to jump on the couch. Every time we see her stand up on the couch, we tell her to sit on her bottom. We tell her this for three reasons: 1. to preserve our furniture; 2. so she won't jump on other people's couches; and 3. because she doesn't yet seem to get gravity.

Well, last Friday she did her first front flip off the couch. Ironically enough I was talking to the doctor when she launched herself off the couch. She tucked her head just in time and ended up rolling onto her back.

She didn't cry, but neither did she throw up or show any other signs of hitting her head too hard. She did look a little dazed, but mostly I think she was surprised by what happened. Since then I haven't seen her do much jumping. Maybe the idea of gravity is starting to kick in.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Holy moly! Front flips off couches! (Rethinking loft in playroom . . . )