On Labor Day, we piled in the car to meet my family in Orem for lunch, but just before we left, Dan noticed that our car had a flat tire. So we had to switch the car seat to the other car. When we took Anna out of her car seat and then the car seat out of the car, she flipped out. She started screaming hysterically and didn't calm down until the car seat was secured in the other car and she was sitting in it. Then the next day, Dan brought the car seat into the house so that he could take his car to work. Again Anna started crying until it was back in the car (the tire had been patched). I didn't realize that she knew she wasn't going anywhere if the car seat was in the house. She loves to play in the front seat of the car, and occasionally I let her sit in the front seat if I'm just backing the car out of the garage, but if we actually go anywhere, she sits in the car seat. And she does occasionally fight me when I try to put her in the car seat, so her reaction was a bit surprising.As my mom was saying goodbye to Katie and Jamie, Anna pushed my mom out the door, shut it and said "bye bye." So cute!
She's at the stage now where she seems to be learning new words every day. Right now her favorite thing to say is "car" and "cuck" (truck). Lucky for her, we live on a fairly busy street, so there are plenty of cars and cucks driving by.


3 comments:
Ok, seriously? You have a cute little girl...I mean mine are cute, but yours is right up there with mine...know what I mean? She is so dang adorable...love the blond pig tails...! And I totally love the adoption profile...I looked at it the other night and thought it was great...I'll be thinking of your little family and sending baby vibes your way!
Thanks Shannon! You always leave the nicest comments!
Oh my! They are so funny about their seats. Jane LOVES going anywhere, but if the car is not moving, she wants nothing to do with the carseat. And if I'm not in the front seat, she thinks she can get out--like that's my carseat or something. If I sit back with her, she screams and grabs at the straps the whole time! Silly.
Hey, we need to get these girls in strollers and go running at the legacy center sometime. I hate running in the cold!
Post a Comment