Probably because Anna's hair is so blond and Evie's is so dark, people often ask what Anna's hair was like when she was Evie's age. Above are photos of both my girls when they were each a week old. Can you tell who is who? To me they both seem to have the same amount of hair and Evie's is only slightly darker, but Evie's got much fuller cheeks. Evie is in the yellow and Anna is in the pink.
Evie has always been a much better eater than Anna. Evie regularly drinks more than four ounces of formula and gained back her birth weight when she was three days old. I love her cheeks and her double chin. With Anna I had read that bottle-fed babies are more likely to be overfed and thus have issues with obesity later in life, so I became really paranoid about over feeding her until she measured in the twentieth percentile for weight. She was always healthy, but even now she's not that interested in eating, unless it's fruit snacks or candy.
Evie's a good eater, but she lets us know when she's done. If we try to keep feeding her, she'll cough and make gagging noises. At her two-week appointment, Evie measured in the sixtieth percentile for height and weight and if I were even tempted to worry about her weight, her growth chart says her weight is 99% of the ideal for her height. So I'm just enjoying her cute baby chubbiness.


No comments:
Post a Comment