Sunday, May 30, 2010

Four Months Old



On Evie's Four Month birthday, we drove down to Moab with a stop at Dead Horse Point on the way. She needed a bottle by the time we got to Dead Horse Point, and while I fed her she got plenty of comments on her hair. She's still got tons! At her well baby check a week later, she weighed 16 lbs. 6 oz. (93%) and was 24.5 inches long (56%). She's still our little sweet chunk and we love her.

These days Evie is still a very pleasant baby, although she stopped sleeping through the night this past week when she got an ear infection in while we were in Moab. She usually wakes up at midnight and then sometimes again at four which means that I'm tired all the time and I'm not going running in the morning. Maybe I shouldn't have signed up for that half marathon, but it's not until August, so I'm hopeful that I'll still have time to train for it.

Evie loves to chat and smile. Tonight while I was rocking her to sleep, she smiled up at me and chattered away with sweet coos. She loves grabbing for toys and sticking anything she can get her hands on in her mouth, including her hands. Sometimes we can hear loud sucking noises coming from her room when she stirs and starts sucking on her hand.



She also loves to wiggle and kick. Because she has some flat head issues, I bought bumpers for her head while she's in her car seat. Often after she's spent some time in the car seat, when I do get her out, she'll shake her head back and forth and kick and wiggle as if to say, "Ah! I'm free!

No comments: