This afternoon both Anna and Evie were nice enough to take long naps, giving me two hours all to myself. It was almost more time than I knew what to do with, but I managed to get a lot of house work done. I even got around to vacuuming, which doesn't happen often enough in our house. By the time I started vacuuming, Anna was awake, but she chose to stay in her room while I vacuumed since she's not a fan of the vacuum cleaner. When I turned the vacuum off, she called out, "All done?" It's so fun to have a two year old.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Payless
Anna has been in need of white dress shoes for several weeks now, and I finally got up the courage to take both kids to Payless this morning. Payless is like heaven to Anna. She gets to take off her shoes and she loves to run up and down the aisles, pulling shoes off the shelf. She doesn't really love trying on shoes. We found some shoes for her pretty quickly, but I also had to spend a few minutes feeding Evie. So of course, while I was stuck in one place, Anna decided to run through the store. Finally Evie was content and drifting off to sleep in her car seat and I had put all the shoes we weren't buying back on the shelf. But in the midst of all that chaos, we lost one of Anna's shoes. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I worried that Anna had stuck it in a backpack or on some shelf somewhere. I kept asking her where she put her other shoe and she would lead me around the store. The one employee in the store was unfortunate enough to ask me if she could help me find anything and so I enlisted her in the search for Anna's shoe. After twenty minutes of searching, the employee asked if I had checked Evie's car seat. I had checked her car seat twice, but not too thoroughly since I didn't want to wake her up. I checked again and there under Evie's bum was Anna's shoe. I guess I'm the perfect example of a harried mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment