Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sick Again

Friday morning, I took the girls for a jog with me and as usual we stopped at the park on the way home. Anna had a good time playing, but after we came home, I noticed her lying down on pillows from our couch. She also was really whiny. Finally I took her temperature and she had a fever of 100 degrees. She fell asleep in my arms. Later that afternoon she puked on me while I was feeding Evie. That was fun and probably my fault since I should have recognized her increased whining as a warning that she might puke. Luckily for all of us, she only threw up one more time, but the fever lasted until early Monday morning.

Then yesterday Evie became really fussy and had a bit of a fever herself. She was sleeping a lot too, but around four in the morning, she stopped sleeping for more than thirty minutes at a time. Since she had just had an ear infection, I decided to take her back into the doctor.

Turns out that she has hand, foot, and mouth disease and that's probably what Anna had too. Neither of the girls ever got a rash on their hands or feet, but Evie has blisters on the back of her throat. I feel so bad for her. The doctor said to give her both Tylenol and Motrin at the same time to help keep the pain under control. I'm just hoping she feels well enough to sleep a bit more tonight, but I guess were back to survival mode again. So, yeah, I'm exhausted and wondering why I ever thought I could train for a half marathon at the end of this summer. Oh well. At least I have something to work towards when the kids are healthy and sleeping through the night. And in the mean time, I'll just enjoy snuggling with them and the excuse to finally watch all those Lost episodes stored on my DVR.

2 comments:

The Charm said...

Those poor darlings!!! And poor you. Hope the kids get back on a good sleep track soon!! :)

Cami said...

No way! No fun. I didn't know that was going around.