Evie's sleeping through the night now so most days I go running early in the morning before Anna and Evie wake up. I love Utah summer mornings and being outside when the sun finally pops up over the mountains. I also love the fact that it's so light outside so early in the morning. One of my frequent routes takes me by fences covered in honeysuckle and every time I smell those flowers I'm instantly transported back to my childhood in Oklahoma.
Even though I'm an early bird, I'm not so good at going to sleep early, often getting only six hours of sleep a night. Last week, was especially bad. I went to bed most nights around eleven or eleven-thirty and was up before six. I guess Dan was pretty tired too. We have Church at eleven and almost as soon as sacrament meeting started, Dan was fighting to stay awake. I used to try to nag him to stay awake, but I'm trying to avoid being such a harpy.
Midway through the meeting, I stood up to rock Evie to sleep. Once I got her to sleep and sat down with Dan and Anna, I started to doze off myself. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I was holding a warm body in my arms. So there we were, both passed out. It was pathetic. Meanwhile Anna was playing games with the kids sitting in front of us and squealing loudly, but not so loudly that we could muster up the energy to wake up and distract her. Next week, we'll just have to do a better job of taking turns falling asleep so that Anna doesn't start running laps around the chapel.


2 comments:
I've been way tired too! (Staying awake in primary is quite the challenge.) I'm not running as far as you, but I've been doing 2 workouts a day, 3 days a week--running hills, then just the standard 3 miles. I've been trying to get to bed earlier, but I'm not good at it. Add to that my reduced calories, and I feel like a zombie! So, anyway, after all that, I'm with you!
Wish I could have seen you all asleep--that's funny.
Also, I've been meaning to call you back! We can totally play. My boys are pretty independent, so if we went somewhere fun, I could probably ignore them. :) I'll give you a call this week.
Yes, it's after 11 and I'm still up. It's the only time the house is quiet and peaceful. But at least I don 't fall asleep in church!
Post a Comment