Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Evie has finally figured out how to drag herself across the floor. She's been doing push ups and the plank position for a week, but this morning she saw a cheerio on the floor that she really wanted. I do my best to sprinkle random bits of food and chokeable items all over the floor so that she'll be sufficiently motivated to learn to crawl. Or maybe that's Anna who sprinkles the food and me who doesn't bother to pick it up. Anyway, she wanted the cheerio and dragger herself over there to get it and by tonight she was pretty good and moving across the floor. She still relies mostly on the army crawl, but she'll also push up on her hands and knees and lunge forward.

Anna also learned something new today: if she opens the package of Rolos in the store then Mom will have to buy them. I was in a new grocery store and I made the mistake of parking the cart right by the candy while I picked out some peaches. When I returned to the cart, Anna had the Rolos completely unwrapped, but I don't think she had managed to eat any yet. She was a pretty good sport when I told her she couldn't eat any until we paid for them, which seems a little beside the point since she had already unwrapped them, but saved me more of a mess.

Today I got a Hanna Andersen catalog in the mail and knowing that Anna love to look at catalogs, I handed it to her. Now she makes me read it to her whenever we read stories. It's awesome because I get to read things like, "What if her best friend is a dress?" Riveting. She also likes to quiz me on the names of clothing items. After I had correctly identified the leotard, tutu, and the leg warmers, she pointed to each item again several more times. I don't know if she was quizzing me or just studying herself so that she'll know what to call each clothing item the next time she sees it.

As much as I love reading the catalog, my favorite moments are when she wraps her arms around my neck and says, "I got you!" She's a sweet kid even when she tells me, "You a bad mama."

1 comment:

La La Land said...

I love it, all of it! Smart girl to open the Rolos at the store. Sounds like you have a future fashionista on your hands, too! We need to get together again soon.