Friday, September 10, 2010

Seven Months and Three-Quarters



Since Evie's almost eight months old, I figured I had better catch up on my milestones postings. Evie figured out the joys of sitting up a week or two before she hit seven months old. Now she loves to sit and play and most of the time I don't even put pillows behind her. I took her to my hair appointment and she probably sat and played for close to an hour. She's just so easy going and interested in the world, although in the last week or so, she seems to be more easily bored by her toys. In the last week she learned how to pull her knees up under her and every now and then I'll catch her up on her knees, rocking back and forth. Today she just started lunging forward while on her hands and knees. These days I think she's happier on her tummy than sitting because she likes to move around. She rolls lots and she can use her hands to move to her right or her left if there's something she wants over there.

I just started giving her cheerios a few weeks ago and she loves them. I think she enjoys the challenge of picking them up as well as the taste.

Evie is going through a very expressive stage. She likes to make lots of different faces. She has one where she squints and smiles and we call it the scrunchy face. She also has what we call the old man face. She puts her bottom lip over her top lip and stretches it up towards her nose. I think she’s probably sucking on her top lip. These days she also likes shaking her head from side to side as if she’s saying no. I'll also catch her leaning far to the side as if she's trying to see what's under the kitchen table.

Evie's favorite game right now is knocking down towers of blocks. I build the tower and then when Evie knocks it down, I say boom and she giggles. Anna hasn't quite figured it out. She'll try to build "a castle" right by Evie and then get mad when Evie takes blocks or knocks it down.

Evie still only has two bottom teeth, but I'm sure those top teeth are working their way down. Both Anna and Evie have been waking up at night. Sometimes they take turns getting up different nights and sometimes they both wake up on the same night, but so far, not at the same time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My camera broke recently, so I'm stuck using my cell phone camera, which isn't much of a camera.



Scrunchy Face


Old Man Face

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

So are you going to make the leap to a DSLR when you get a new camera??

Timid Tripper said...

Katie, probably not. It's going to be enough effort just buying a point and shoot and I'm just not ready to take on a DSLR.