Sunday, October 31, 2010

Four Teeth

Evie's top two teeth are finally starting to show.



Evie continues to be my easiest child. Recently though, she's started to make this whining noise if I'm too slow getting her some food to eat. It sounds like a puppy's whine and it breaks my heart. She's also become very interested in what it is I'm doing when I try to put her hair up. I usually put her in the bumbo chair in front of the bathroom mirror and hand her a little brush to play with. She loves to lean back and try to get a look at me, which makes it hard to get her hair into an elastic, let alone, to get a straight part for piggy tails. When she's not doing back bends to get out of her bumbo chair, she's started clapping. She's also become quite intent on stealing Anna's binky. If Anna is lying down on the floor getting her diaper changed (no, potty training isn't going well), Evie will often crawl over and try to rip Anna's binky out of her mouth. She found one of her own binky's the other day, so I let her have it, but she didn't really suck on it. Instead she bit down on it and started breathing/spitting around it. She sounded like a little Darth Vader baby.

Thursday night Dan was looking at photos of Anna when she was Evie's age and as cute as Anna was, it was sad to me that we didn't have Evie with us then. We're so grateful that she's a part of our family. I can't imagine our family without her.


1 comment:

Cami said...

Look at those teefies! She is such a doll--I'm glad she's nice for you.