Thursday, April 21, 2011

Little Scribbler


Evie loves to scribble with crayons, pencils, pens, whatever. Two weeks ago, I put a piece of paper on the kitchen floor and gave her some Crayola Twistables and she produced this picture. Since then she has been happily coloring. Last week we were shopping at Wal-mart and Evie desperately wanted the pencil I had stuck behind my ear. As soon as I gave it to her, she started to scribble in my planner and it kept her happy for the next twenty minutes, which is a lifetime for a baby, but not quite long enough for me to get through all my shopping. Now if I want  Evie to sit still so I can do her hair or something like that, I sit her in her bumbo chair at the table and give her some crayons. It's like magic.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Awesome! Jane loves to color, but it soon transferred to the walls, so watch out!

Heather said...

It's the most beautiful piece of art I've ever seen! BTW once I learned to write, I colored in every spare inch of the underside of the kitchen table. It wasn't discovered until we moved and I was 9. My mom decided I should have the table when I moved into my house :)