Sunday, May 29, 2011
Anna at Thirty-Eight Months
Last Saturday Anna had her dance recital. Her dance class performed with all the other dance classes at her studio, but I have to admit that we left as soon as Anna's dance was done, mostly because Evie wasn't all that interested in watching the dancing. Anna's class danced to the "Lollipop" song and they got to hold plastic suckers. Anna loved dancing on the stage and loved the plastic suckers. I had to take her to a dress rehearsal at 8:30 that morning and then the recital began at 7:30. She asked me all day when she could dance on the stage again.
Lately Anna has seemed to move out of the terrible twos. For awhile there I thought the terrible twos were just going to continue until she was four or five, but then one days, she woke up and became rather reasonable. It's a good thing for all of us that she made this transition about the same time that Evie started throwing tantrums.
Now it's no longer a huge fight to get her into her car seat. Sometimes we still have to do some negotiating. And when I'm trying to get her to do something, if I can explain why, in terms that she understands, I need it to be done a certain way, she's often pretty willing to cooperate. Of course, posting this probably means that I've just jinxed myself. Lately, she really wants to do everything herself and she gets upset if I push open a door instead of letting her or throw something away that she wanted to throw away, but it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment