It took me about half of the summer to decide, but I finally put Anna in swim lessons. We had just enough of the summer left for her to do two sessions. The first was at a city rec center and the second was at a private pool. Anna loved being in the water and by the end of the first session, she was great about putting her face in the water and jumping in.
Poor Evie got stuck on the side with me. I should have thought to sign her up for a Mom and Me class at the city rec center, but by the time I thought about it, the classes were all full. Evie was a pretty good sport about watching Anna, but some days were harder than others.
I the second session, Anna was the only girl in her class and the youngest one, so her teachers probably didn't push her as hard as they could have, but she had a good experience. By the time the session ended, she was still trying to figure out how to coordinate her arms with her legs so that she could swim across the pool. I'm sure the pieces will all fall into place this next summer.




No comments:
Post a Comment