Friday, January 20, 2012

Return of the Jedi

Dec. 1, 2011

Dec. 7, 2011
A few months ago, I took my girls with me to book group and they ended up watching Return of the Jedi in the basement with Anna's friend Will and his dad. Ever since then Anna has talked non-stop about the movie. I got several questions about why the dad was hurt and two nights ago, Anna turned off all the lights in the house during dinner because we were having Dark Vader time. Last night we finally turned on Star Wars for her and it's funny to hear her talk about the characters. When Darth Vader was boarding Princess Leia's ship, Dan said, "guess who's coming" and Anna replied, "is it the dad of the son?" She usually calls Luke "the son." He has no other name, whereas Darth Vader sometimes gets called by his name and sometimes gets called "the dad."

I've been trying to get Anna to tell me about her art for some time. When I asked her about the drawing above she said, " yuouiyuoiyuouioiuiyoyuiytiytiyiy." Okay, that's not actually what she said, but when I left the computer for a moment, that is what she typed and she doesn't want me to delete it. She said the picture is a drawing of "Darth Vader's guys fighting."

It's fun to hear Anna talk about Return of the Jedi according to the way she understands it. On an unrelated note, I also love how she calls McDonalds "Mickle Donalds" and rice krispy treats "rice trippy trips." 

No comments: