A few days after we went to the zoo, I found Anna in her room cutting up a piece of paper. The idea of her playing with scissors while I was off doing other things, seemed dangerous. So, when she set them down, I picked them up, slipped them into my pocket, and went back to cleaning up the breakfast dishes.
Just a bit later, Anna came to me and said, "Mom, I was playing with scissors and I set them down and now their gone!" Laughing, I took them out of my pocket and told her what had really happened. Of course, she demanded them back and I let her have them.
I love it when my kids get along, but when they play too quietly, they are usually up to something. That was one of those Monday mornings when I was trying to get a lot done and so it didn't occur to me at first that they were playing quietly. Then when it did, I enjoyed it a little too much and tried to get more laundry done. Finally, I realized I had better go see what had captured their attention so completely.
So during Anna's gymnastics class, I took Evie to Cookie Cutters to get her hair fixed as much as possible. Mostly Anna gave Evie a trim, but she also chopped off a few pieces on top that are still growing back.
Evie's hair before her sister helped her out with it on April 13, 2012.
Evie with her new bob.
April 4, 2012
Before Anna decided to play hair dresser, her hair was past her shoulders, so we were experimenting with all sorts of different hairstyles. This time, I gave her a few little knobs all over her head and then at the end of the day, she had lots of fun curls.
April 13, 2012
Her hair was long enough for me to French braid her hair around her head.
When she decided to cut her hair, she grabbed her little ponytail and snipped it off, so that meant that the rest of her hair had to be cut short too. Since Anna often asks me to take her to Cookie Cutters, I didn't want to take her there. That would be like a reward. So I called my friend, Melissa, and she agreed to come cut Anna's hair at my house.
Anna's new bob.
Anna asks me every day if her hair is getting longer. I'm not sure she realizes that she's the reason why it's short, but I think she misses her longer hair.







1 comment:
I think most kids about this age have a hair cutting experience. Heather cut hers in a reverse mohawk. She grabbed 3 sections on top and in the front and snip snip snip - very short hair front and center. When she saw herself in the mirror, she broke into tears and announced that she wouldn't be going to her friends birthday party that afternoon. She'd always had a bob but the hairdresser had to cut the other hair shorter than usual and we had to do a "comb over" for a couple of weeks. I thought that experience would be the end of hair cutting because she was so heartbroken about missing the birthday party AND the fact that nearly 3 years went by. The next time she just trimmed her hair on the ends and experimented more on David's hair.
Post a Comment