Lately she has also started to require more bouncing and swaying to even get her to sleep. The hospital sent us home with a DVD about babies crying as part of their program for preventing shaken baby syndrome. When I first put it in our DVD player, it got stuck, and ultimately we bought a new DVD player. I'll admit I wanted to shake my DVD player at that point. Once we got the new DVD player, I finally watched the DVD and learned that babies often increase their crying once they turn two-weeks old up until they are five months old. I wouldn't call Evie colicky, but Anna had us pretty spoiled. After feeding Anna at night, I could put her back in her crib right after the last burp and she wouldn't make a sound until it was time to eat again.
Lately Evie has started fussing more and the only thing that seems to calm her is if I stand and rock her. She just seems to need extra help to fall asleep. And if I dare to put her in bed before she is firmly asleep, she'll call out almost as soon as I'm in bed and starting to drift off to sleep myself. I admit that I'm a little discouraged, and it's especially hard in the middle of the night when it seems to take me a good forty-five minutes to get her to sleep after she's finished her bottle. But it does help to know that for many babies, increased fussiness is normal at this stage. Plus I've got lots of good shows on my DVR and I just updated my netflix queue, so I've got plenty to entertain me in the middle of the night.


1 comment:
Hang in there momma--it'll pass, hopefully :) There is nothing WORSE than wanting to be asleep, yet you're awake for an indeterminable amount of time, all the time knowing baby #1 will wake up in the morning regardless of how much sleep you've gotten--seriously stinks. And I hear you on the TV shows--I watched all kinds of things in the middle of the night. I even got onto Dr. 90210 at 2 AM, which is the worst excuse for entertainment, but the fatigue affected my judgment!!
Post a Comment