Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Five Months Old

Evie turned five months old on Father's Day. She's been doing crunches for the past few weeks, trying to slim down in time for swim suit season. She lifts her head up and her feet at the same time and can hold that position for several seconds.


She also decided to roll over for the first time on Father's Day. She saw her reflection in the glass on our fireplace and I guess that got her rolling to one side and then she popped up onto her tummy. But to be honest, I'm not really sure how she did it since neither Dan nor I were watching. We were trying to get our stuff together so we could go to my parents' house for dinner. Dan set her on a blanket and the next time we checked on her, she was on her tummy. We did watch her roll over at least one more time. She also made it from her tummy to her back once or twice, but since then hasn't done much of that. She's still rolling over, but she's kind of sneaky about it. I have a hard time getting her to do it when I'm watching, but I still find her on her tummy occasionally. Of course, Anna has recently decided that rolling Evie across the floor is her new favorite game, so I never know for sure how Evie got to her tummy if Anna's been anywhere near her. Evie did roll over once for me this morning, so I know she's still got it.
I started Evie on solids when she was about four and a half months old. The doctor recommended that I start with fruits or veggies and skip the rice cereal since Evie is still moving up the growth chart for weight. I always start off with veggies because I don't want my babies' taste buds to be tainted by the sweet taste of fruit. But I think the veggies were too much for her little tummy and were making her gassy and uncomfortable. It took me awhile to realize that's probably why she wasn't taking very good naps in the afternoon and often woke up with a howl. We'll try again in a few weeks and stick to one veggie at a time until she seems to be doing okay with it.
Today I discovered that her first tooth has cut through her gums and her second is close behind.



1 comment:

ritabaxter1492 said...

You go, Evie. Grandma is so proud of you!