Last November I had enough turkey bucks at Maceys to get a small turkey for free. Since we were celebrating Thanksgiving at my parents' house, I stuck it in my freezer and basically forgot about it. I kept thinking that one of these days I'd get it out and roast it, but I never seemed to get around to it. Around the first part of October, I decided it was now or never. Since Dan served his mission in Canada, I thought Canadian Thanksgiving would be a great excuse to invite friends over to share it with us. But being an ignorant American, I assumed that Canadian Thanksgiving is late in the month of October and probably on a Thursday. Around mid-October, I looked it up on the internet and discovered that that very day was Canadian Thanksgiving (the second Monday in October). Oops!
To make a long story short, we decided to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving a few weeks late and on a Saturday when I figured I would have enough time to stuff a turkey and roast it. We invited one authentic Canadian and another friend who served her mission in Toronto and their families. We kept it pretty simple, but as always there was still more than enough food.
Then she got bored and decided to see what mashed potatoes could do for her hair.
Finally I cleaned her up and let her get down and crawl around while the older kids played and the adults sat and solved all the world's problems. She was pretty content to toodle around and I kept finding her under the adults' table. She was probably looking for more food to eat.


1 comment:
HA! I love the food hair styling.
Post a Comment