Monday: For Family Home Evening, we carved up the one pumpkin I managed to grow in our garden this year. Dad did most of the work, while Anna and I supervised. Evie was already in bed asleep.
Wednesday: I dressed Anna up in her costume and we met her friend Will at the library for story time.
Friday: The kiddos got to go trick or treating at Dad's office and Evie got to wear her costume for the first time.
If you look closely, you might notice that Anna's left eye is pink. Her eye had been oozing eye boogers all day, but I just assumed she had a cold. So we let her root around in all the bowls of candy, leaving her germs behind. Saturday morning, Dan took her to the doctor and learned that in addition to pink eye, both ears were infected. So, yeah, I'm feeling great about my mothering skills.
Saturday: I hate rain on Halloween, but that's what it did on Saturday, when we were planning to go trick or treating. Luckily for me, the rain took a break around six. It was my turn to take Anna out, so despite her ear infections, I took her down our street. She loved it and didn't even want to wear a coat even though it was cold, but in an effort to resuscitate my reputation as a mother, I talked her into wearing a coat anyway.
Evie made it out to a few neighbor houses and then spent the rest of the evening at home with Dad, working on her walking skills.
I'm starting to understand why some parents hate Halloween. Anna is noticeably more hyper after eating candy. She also often demands that we give her candy, "right now!" (her new favorite phrase). I decided I'd let her eat a bunch Saturday night and then we'd start to empty her bucket for her. I guess Anna was overwhelmed by all her options, because she opened several different kinds. She'd eat a piece and then move onto something else, except with the suckers, she just popped both into her mouth. A few minutes later though, she had abandoned both suckers and moved on to another type of candy.


1 comment:
They are SO cute. We should have done something fun with the girls for Halloween together. Let's make some cookies or something for Christmas!
Post a Comment