We met Heather at the aquarium a week before Anna's birthday party, so she sent us home with some presents for Anna's birthday from her parents and Heather. Since Anna knew about the presents and didn't want to wait, I decided to let her open them that night right before bed.
The card they gave her had a Princess crown in it. Anna loved it. For some reason, it made Dan and I think of the Pope.
About this time Anna also fell in love with the Toy Story movies. The first two were on the Disney channel, and DVR-ed them and watched them over and over again. Bill and Sandy arrived on Wednesday to help us celebrate and while they were here they bought Anna a Toy Story cookie.
I thought about giving Anna a friends' birthday party but then decided to wait to start those another year, but we did invite Anna's friends over to decorate cookies. Anna loves making and decorating sugar cookies and she likes having friends over. I didn't have to plan a big birthday party, but Anna still got to play with her friends and decorate cookies. I didn't tell anyone that it was for Anna's birthday, but her friend, Avery, brought Anna this dress up out fit as a gift anyway.
On Saturday, March 5 (Anna's actual birthday), we had a birthday party with our family. I made Anna a princess cake. I found a recipe on the internet and it seemed like a piece of cake (ha ha). But I made the mistake of assembling it Saturday morning right before everyone was supposed to arrive. I didn't start frosting it until sometime after noon and the party was supposed to start at one. So the poor cake had some issues, mostly sagging and leaning issues, but Anna loved it anyway. I think the little princess dolls that Heather recommended to me were all that Anna really saw.
Grandma brought Evie a present too--this cute little book.
We gave Anna wooden blocks and a soccer ball. She also got an Angelina Ballerina doll from Dan's parents, a Cinderella dress up outfit from mine, and some Toy Story books among other things.
After we'd eaten half the cake, I decided it looked like a monster with horns.
Playing with the Dora Coloforms set that Grandpa and Sandy gave Anna.














No comments:
Post a Comment