On April Fool's Day we went swimming with my friend Cami and her Janey, who is Anna's age. Mostly the girls wanted to stay in the kiddie pool far away from the giant bucket that dumps out water. Evie really liked the slide in the kiddie pool but needed a little help to actually get moving down it. I pulled out my camera just before we left. I guess I wanted to document the fact that we went swimming since it had been awhile for us since our last trip to the pool.
Evie playing with Anna's crown.
Anna likes to climb in these storage bins and asks me to put the lid on. I told her I'd only do it for a few seconds--long enough to snap this photo. But before anyone calls DCFS, I won't put the lid on for her anymore. In fact, now when she asks, I just read her the warning on the lid itself.
One morning I came out from my room to discover that Anna had taken a purple piece of chalk and drawn all over our walls. Luckily for both of us, chalk wipes right off.
Showing off the bling she brought home from a birthday party.
We were so excited when the weather got warm enough to go to the park. Yay!
Easter presents from Grandpa and Sandy. Anna receive a Lamb Chop replica and Evie got a little Woodstock.
Yes, in case you are wondering, that is a diaper Anna put on her head. I don't know anymore than that.
My mom found this sucker that was covered with a plastic globe and little balls of candy. I think the idea was that the kid could dip her sucker in the candy balls and lick them off, but to my mom, it reminded her of a rattle. She thought it would also look like a rattle to Evie too and she could just play with it. But Evie immediately recognized it for what it was and demanded that we unwrap it so that she could get that sucker into her moth.
I still don't know why, but one day, my kids decided it would be fun to take all the books out of our bookshelf and dump them behind the kitchen table. I try to keep reminding myself that they are learning initiative when they do these sorts of things. I guess I just need to do a better job of teaching them to help me clean up these messes. And of course, I decided to take a picture to document this mess.













No comments:
Post a Comment