Friday, September 23, 2011

Preschool

Last Tuesday (Sept. 13) was Anna's first day of preschool. We are in a group with five other moms and kids and we all take turns teaching the kids. I don't get my first turn to teach until October. Anna gets to go to preschool on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for about two hours and she's really enjoying it. Of course we had to take a picture on the first day, but we forgot to include the obligatory backpack in our photo. 


Anna's first worksheet

While Anna is at school, Evie and I get some one-on-one time together. I try to get Evie to play with me, but she often just goes off and plays by herself. I think she's just thrilled to be able to play without being tackled or having toys ripped out of her hands. I tried to do a little activity with Evie last Thursday to help her with her fine motor skills. I drew dots on a piece of paper and then I gave her cheerios to put on the dots, but she just wanted to eat the cheerios. I can't say I blame her. Then I let her scribble with the markers, which she also loved since she only gets to draw with markers when I can keep an eye on her in order to protect the furniture and to prevent too much body art.

No comments: