Thursday, October 27, 2011
Dad's Birthday
Dan turned 34 last Monday. We did most of our celebrating on Sunday night. He got lots of accessories for his new road bike.
These days Evie's favorite phrases are, "me!" "I did it!" and "stop singing!"
She is entering the phase of life where she wants to do everything all by herself. Usually she yells "me!" when I try to help her. The other day she insisted on getting her snow boots off herself (her favorite shoes even though we hope that snow is still a long ways off). She yelled "me!" for awhile and then it turned to "help!" These days she also insists on buckling the top half of her car seat belt and she's pretty good at it. As soon as she hears that click, she likes to yell, "I did it!"
Saturday afternoon we had family pictures taken up in the canyon. On the way up, we started singing Old MacDonald. Imagine my surprise when I heard Evie yelling, "stop!" and then "stop singing!" I try not to take it too personally. We sang Old MacDonald again this week when I hosted preschool at my house and again Evie yelled, "stop singing!" As I write this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's just the song she hates and not my voice.
She's also beginning to recite numbers. I started counting in the store the other day to speed Anna up. I said, "one" and Evie jumped in with "two." She doesn't always get them in the right order, but she knows those number words are connected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment