Evie has picked up some new phrases lately:
"My turn."
"Me first."
"Pumpkins!"
"I want gum."
It's probably obvious that her biggest influence these days is Anna. Dan said that last night when he was changing Evie's diaper, she was lying on the changing pad and kicking her legs in a bicycle kick when she declared, "I swim!" I guess they both had a good laugh about that.
From her sister, Evie has also learned to say, "stop it!" And we laugh about the fact that Evie prefers yup and nope to yes and no. I'm not sure where she picked that up, but it's cute.
Around the same time, we were having a bit of a struggle with Anna. She likes to stand on the arm of our couch and jump off. One time she fell off and knocked Evie down. Another time she slipped off herself. She wasn't too hurt, but it was after I had already told her to stop standing on the arm of the couch. So I reiterated what I had said earlier, "don't stand on the arm of the couch." As usual, Anna asked why and we reminded her that it was bad for the couch and that she could get hurt or hurt Evie. I think Dan told her he didn't care if she got hurt; he was more concerned about the couch. She gave us a crusty look and then said, "You won't see me anymore if I'm dead." That got Dan to change his tune.
For some reason death has come up a lot lately. I think it might have started when our neighbor died in a plane crash or even with Memorial Day. And when I've caught Anna being careless in a parking lot, I've told her that if she gets hit by a car she might die and I would miss her so much. It's lovely to see my manipulative tactics being used against me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment