Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Smile Hunting

My mom has been great about getting smiles out of Evie from almost the first week. I think she's just great at that positive reinforcement and it seems like as soon as Evie heard Grandma's voice, she'd smile. For me the smiles always seemed to come as she was drifting off to sleep and when I didn't want to disturb her with excited praise. Once Evie hit about six weeks old, the smiles seemed to come even more readily and in response to my efforts as well Grandma's. So I've been trying to catch her smile on camera and caught some cute faces along the way.

Grandma was happy to help me get Evie smile, but on this particular day, Evie seemed to be extra uncomfortable. Grandma could get her to smile, but before I could snap the photo, her face would crinkle up and and she'd cry out in misery. It was so sad.



This time, she's almost smiling. We're getting closer.


Well, this one makes me smile.



Finally a good smile!
The biggest and best smiles always seem to come with a little spit up or gas.

2 comments:

ritabega said...

Aww..... What a cutie!

Cami said...

Those are AWESOME smiles! Good job.