Friday night Anna and I decorated Easter Eggs. I tried to be overly prepared to prevent any stains on clothes or our carpet, but it still gave me a heart attack when she threw an egg into the blue dye and it splashed all over the newspaper. We had fun dying the eggs and then Anna took the stickers from the kit and stuck them on Evie's face. Those stickers gave her enjoyment for several days.
Finding her Easter basket
Trying a Peep for the first time: they weren't her favorite. Instead she loved the Robin's Eggs. In addition to the basket, the Easter Bunny hid some eggs in our living room for Anna to find. He made them pretty easy to find, but Anna still needed a little help from Mom and Dad.
Saturday afternoon our ward had an Easter Egg Hunt. They fill about 1400 eggs for 100+ kids and they are gone in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately for all of us, it was COLD and windy that day. But since the hunt itself doesn't last that long, we all agreed to stick it out. Meanwhile, Evie was comfy and asleep in her car seat thanks to the cover my neighbor Adrienne gave me.
On our way to the Church, Evie started to fuss. Anna turned to Evie and said, "most Evie, almost." I think she was trying to tell Evie that we were almost there, which is what I always say to Anna when we're driving somewhere and she starts to cry. Lately Anna has also started saying "aw" whenever she looks at photos of Evie. I'm not sure where she picked that up. She has also started saying, "look at that" as if to say, "isn't that cute." I think she gets that one from my mom.Anna loved the candy in her Easter basket. We try to avoid giving her candy most of the time, so Easter was like a bonanza of sweets for Anna. Sunday morning she was still working on her candy while we were watching Conference. At one point, we looked at Anna and she had red liquid dripping out of her mouth. I had watched her start to put jelly beans in her mouth, so I sprinted towards her to try and keep it off the carpet. Eventually she ended up in the bathtub, where Dan pulled nine jelly beans out of her mouth, but not before she managed to drip red-orange drool on the carpet, her clothes, a set of sheets. It was a mess.


No comments:
Post a Comment