December 11
We decided this year that Anna was old enough to learn the joy of giving at Christmas. So we took her and Evie down to the Riverwoods to check out the lights and to pick out a gift for Evie.
We also bought Anna some red taffy, which is what is all over her face in these photos.
Evie was a pretty good sport, hanging out in Williams-Sonoma while Dan and I took turns in the toy store with Anna helping her pick out a present for Evie. I gave Anna three different toys to pick from and she picked a little plastic dog for Evie. Maybe it helped that I hid the toy as soon as we got home and wrapped it for Anna, but so far Anna hasn't taken the toy back from Evie or seemed to be otherwise confused about the idea of giving a gift. Of course, she takes Evie's other Christmas toys all the time so it just might be that those toys are more interesting than the one we picked out for Evie.


No comments:
Post a Comment