Friday, December 17, 2010

Dinosaur Museum

On our way home from California, we discovered that Evie had picked up a flu bug. In the middle of our  flight, I noticed a warm, wet spot spreading across the leg of her pajamas. It's not fun trying to clean up a baby with diarrhea in an airplane bathroom, but I'm just glad I had packed an extra pair of clothes for her. I kept her in her onesie for most of the flight home, saving the other outfit just in case she had another episode. Luckily, she didn't.

But over the next few days, she had several more episodes, and had several dips in the bathtub. We mostly stayed home, but Anna had been asking to go to the Dinosaur Museum. So that Wednesday (Dec. 1), I decided to risk it and head to the museum. Evie did really well, and I don't think I had to change her diaper while we were there. But when we were only a third of the way through the museum, I realized that Anna had come down with Evie's same flu bug. I'd been asking her if she pooped because I thought I smelled something suspicious, but she insisted that she hadn't. I now know that I should have checked her, because by the time I did check her, we were stuck in the middle of the museum and when I checked her, I ended up with poop on my thumb. But's that's probably too much information. I didn't realize that the only bathroom is outside the front desk, so I rushed Anna all the way through the rest of the museum, frantically hoping for a bathroom. I had to drag her past the sand pit and the water erosion exhibit/play area, but I promised her we'd be back.

I'm probably a bad mom since I let my sick kid touch stuff that other kids would be touching. Oh well. It turns out that most of the museum terrifies Anna. There are several dark, shadowy rooms that represent the beginning of time, and she doesn't really like the large skeletons. In fact the sand pit is probably the only part of the museum she likes, but she had a good time.

Looking for dinosaur bones


No comments: