Dec. 21, 2010
Normally I shovel snow when Evie's taking her nap, but this time we decided to take Evie out with us. She seemed to enjoy being outside and watching Anna play in the snow.
I'm always so behind on my blog even though I have good intentions and I mean to write something about Evie each month on her "birthday." We've hit the stage of reading stories where Evie likes to turn the pages, sometimes faster than I can read them. She also seems really interested in some of the illustrations. She'll rub her finger across the page instead of trying to turn it and she often points at circles. When I read Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton to her, she makes a hissing laugh sound whenever I say "oops!"
These days she loves the game of dropping stuff on the floor so that mom will retrieve it. She'll often fling the item to the ground and laugh when it hits. We think she's developing a good sense of humor. She loves emptying out a drawer full of clothes too and she'll fling the clothes out like she's searching for treasure at the bottom of the drawer.
She's been cruizing along the furniture for awhile now and in the past few weeks she's started to stand on her own for a few seconds before she squats down to the safety of the ground. I think it's possible that she could be walking by her first birthday, but it will probably be a little after that.
She continues to love Anna and will follow her all over the house. Whenever we put Evie down for a nap, Anna likes to say, "good night sweet princess." She probably picked that up from me even though I never recall saying it.
Evie's a pretty good sport about taking a nap on the go or squeezing it in when we get home, but she will often cry herself to sleep and she can scream for a good ten minutes before she passes out. She's still waking up at night and doesn't like to go back to bed. I keep hoping that once winter is over, the ear infections and the teething will be done. These days when she wakes up at night, we usually have to give her some pain killers and then hold her for thirty minutes or more before she'll let us put her back into her crib and even then she usually wails for a few minutes before giving up.
Evie certainly is a sweet, cute baby and we love her and her chubby cheeks!



2 comments:
I love that you read to her :)
You are the best blogger! Thank you for all the updates!
Post a Comment