Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Evie!


Evie turned one last Thursday. At her well-baby check up, she is now in the 61% for weight and the 37% for height. I guess she's due for a growth spurt any day now. Now that she can walk, she is perfectly happy to just toddle about the house, which is a good thing since Anna has taken possession of most of Evie's birthday presents. Twice last week I caught Evie sticking one of Anna's cast off shirts on her head and walking around with it like it was a hat. Every now and then it would slip down in front of her eyes and she'd be blinded. Evie has also started climbing. I often find her standing on Anna's little rocking chair or trying to climb the step ladder or anything else she can get up on to. She's got this great little Ernie laugh--a soft, throaty hiss. Whenever I read Sandra Boynton's book Blue Hat, Green Hat, she always laughs when I say "oops!" She also loves to play peek-a-boo with us, holding a blanket or whatever in front of her face until we say, "peek-a-boo."When she hears music, she's just now starting to bounce while standing, but most of the time she prefers to sit and rock back and forth to the music while bouncing her knees. She's decided that she likes to eat raw carrots, but her favorite food is definitely applesauce and she gets excited whenever she sees us get it out.



On the day of her birthday, we let Evie open her gifts from us and from Dan's parents.


 As usual, Evie likes the bows and ribbons the most.



 Anna had a really hard time not opening Evie's presents for her, especially when Evie didn't seem all that concerned about actually unwrapping them.


1 comment:

La La Land said...

I can't believe Evie is 1! Happy Belated Birthday! Your girls are getting SO big! We need to get together soon.