Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snow Day

The Tuesday before Christmas, we got a great snow storm. In our neighborhood it didn't last until Christmas, so it wasn't a white Christmas at our house, but we had a good time playing in the snow while it lasted.


 Anna loves to shovel snow. Usually she picks some up from where our lawn is and dumps it on the sidewalk or the driveway in front of me. I'm sure she's thinking that she's helping me out by putting snow in my path so that I don't have to walk over to it.

 Evie was a pretty good sport about watching us shovel. Then it was time for lunch and a nap, so we took her inside.

 The snow kept falling though so we came back outside after Evie's nap and did some more shoveling.

 Anna thought Evie might enjoy actually touching the snow, so she dumped some on Evie's head. I think Evie had already pulled her hat off. Evie was a pretty good sport about it. She didn't cry, but I think it startled her a bit.

If I remember right, we were pretty busy that day running errands and doing Christmas shopping, so we didn't actually get to play in the snow until the next day. By then the snow was great for making a snow man, so of course we did.

No comments: