Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Squid People

We took Anna and Evie to the Swiss Days festival in Midway for the first time this past summer. We were looking for something fun to do as a family, and since we'd never been before, we thought we'd go check it out. I admit that it wasn't what I expected. I was hoping for a lot more Swiss and fewer vendors of non-Swiss items. But we managed to find a spot for the parade and collected lots of candy. We've never really taken the girls to a parade before, much less one that involves so much candy being tossed out. I didn't come very well prepared. At first, we tried to keep the candy in our pockets, but then we had to start dumping it all in the diaper bag, which was fine except that it was hard to keep their candy separate. At any rate, the kids loved it and for months afterwards Anna has asked if we can go see the squid people again.




waiting for the shuttle to go back home

No comments: