So, I made sure that we arrived extra early for the actual recital. And because of that dangerous bright pink lip stick, I decided to wait until we got to the performing arts center to put on her dress and her lip stick. Of course when we got there, the parking lot was filling up fast and the doors were locked. The mass of people standing at the door felt like black Friday at Wal-mart. Apparently the studio vastly underestimated the number of people attending because the auditorium filled up seconds after they unlocked the doors and many were left standing. Ultimately they resolved the issue by asking parents and family of performers in the second half of the show to wait in the lobby.
Evie holding Anna's prop.
Anna with her friend Avery who is dressed like the cowardly lion from The Wizard of Oz.
At any rate, all this craziness meant Anna was stuck in a room with other dancers for a long time, waiting for her turn to dance. So when I went to get her after her performance, she wasn't in the best mood. And she wasn't too keen on letting me take her picture. She reminds me of those bratty girls on Toddlers and Tiaras, but that just may be the gaudy pink talking. In her defense, she really wasn't too badly behaved after her recital even if she wouldn't pose for a picture.
After her recital, Anna had a few more dance classes. She kept telling me that since her recital was over, she should be done. I guess despite all that talk about growing up to be a dancing Barbie, she wasn't into dance as much as she thought she wanted to be. We tried a ballet dance camp in July and when I had to pull out my hard core persuasive skills to get her to go to the fourth and last class, we both decided it was time to take a break from dancing. Like I said, I'm not sure I am really cut out to be a dance mom anyway, and we got some "great" costumes out of her short dancing career.





No comments:
Post a Comment