Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cabela's

On February 27, we got to see Heather and her parents again. We met up at Cabela's and it was a fun reunion. In fact, we so enjoyed talking to each other that before we had realized it, we had spent four hours there.
Four hours is a long time for an almost-two-year-old, but Anna loved exploring Cabela's. So that meant that Dan and I got to take turns following Anna around the store. When it was my turn, I dragged Anna all over the store looking for chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, but couldn't find any. So we bought a pound of gummy bears. Then I started looking for funny things for her to take to show daddy.
We didn't end up buying this hat, but I had fun putting it on Anna. She loved the giant fish pillow and I wish I would have caught Dan's reaction on camera when she walked up to him with it. But alas, our camera is a little slow. Or maybe it was the photographer. :)
As much fun as I had following Anna around from the porch swings to the pink camo camp chair promoting breast cancer awareness, the highlight of the day was catching up with Heather and her parents. They even brought Anna a birthday present of some board books and a Magna Doodle Glow, which Anna is still loving. For me it was a perfect Saturday: spending fun time with my kids and catching up with good friends.

1 comment:

Cami said...

STill, I've never been to Cabella's. But my kids have.