
I've been trying to spend more time just playing with Anna, so as part of that effort, I bought her a basic set of water colors. I took a water color class in college, but after I learned that I should have taken the drawing class first, I gave up on the hobby and dumped my paints. I wish I would have kept them. Maybe I'll just get my own set of cheap paints so that I can paint with Anna instead of just sitting beside her and dying a little every time she takes the brush from the red paint directly to the yellow without rinsing. She's having fun and the paints were cheap.

During General Conference weekend, Anna decided she liked sitting inside her lego box. Dan likes to ask her if she wants to be "tumped" over. I think that's East Texan for dumped/tipped over. Dan also likes to ask her how the bobsledding run is going.


Anna is still putting all the stickers she can find on Evie. Evie mostly just puts up with it, but she doesn't look too please, does she?

Now that we have two kids, I decided that I wanted a new double jogging stroller for my birthday. It only took me a full month to actually purchase the stroller and then once I got it, it seemed to snow or rain every time I got up the courage to get it out. But finally the stars aligned this past week. The weather was nice and Evie finished her bottle in time for us to take a little walk around the block. It was wonderful to have such nice weather and to be able to get outside and enjoy it.

Saturday morning we went to my parents' house for breakfast and to see my sister Katie and her husband off as they move to Arizona. I had been holding Evie, but she was a little squirmy so I put her down on a blanket. Then my sister Christa picked her up and I followed Anna out into the backyard. When I came back in to check on Evie, she was back on her blanket and asleep. She often falls asleep on her blanket and would probably sleep really well there, but I usually pick her up and move her since I never know when Anna's going to try to sit on her or fall on top of her.

Today was Evie's second Sunday at Church since we were home last Sunday for General Conference. Earlier this week I dug out one of Anna's dresses to see if it would fit Evie. I bought this dress for Anna when she was six months old, but it was always a little short, so she didn't get to wear it very long. It works great for Evie right now, although the sleeves are a little long.
1 comment:
Grandma loves that smile!
Post a Comment