Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bean Museum Field Trip

Our last field trip of the school year was to BYU's Bean museum. The kids received a worksheet with pictures of animals they were supposed to find in the museum. They had a good time looking for all the different animals.
 May 10, 2012

Then they got to see and handle several animals and specimens up close. I'm always impressed with how brave my girls are. They don't seem to have any fear about touching animals or bugs.
 touching a salamander

 a long snake skin

a real snake

Part of summer fun for my girls has been playing with rolly-polies, worms, and lady bugs. Recently, they've started slug hunting in our backyard. Anna just picks them up and apparently Evie has started picking them up too. I have them put them in our out door trash can. Last Thursday, I was gone at a baby shower. When I came home, Dan told me that the girls had come into the house with handfuls of slugs. He thought it would be a good idea to put them in the garbage disposal. Eew! I'm still trying to get over that revelation.

No comments: