Sunday, September 23, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

The girls and I spent Memorial Day with my parents and family while Dan enjoyed some peace and quiet at home. I think his hope was to work a few hours and get some yard work done, but there might have been more baseball watching instead.

We spent the morning putting flowers on my mom's ancestors' grave sites in the Brigham City cemetery.

Evie is never fully dressed without her tutu. I don't think this was one of our graves. It looks like Evie was scrounging for flowers.









After the cemetery we went up to Cache County for an extended family reunion at my Uncle Garth's house. They had a pot luck lunch and lots of fun activities for the kids.
Evie loved riding the horses. I think she would have done it all day long if she didn't have to share with other kids.


Then Grandma took them on a hay ride.

Garth's property also had a pond with a zip line and a paddle boat. Looking at that pond, I finally understood why they used to tell me in swim lessons so many years ago, that it's not safe to swim in ponds. It was a little too chilly for swimming though, so no one was tempted and no one fell in.

We loved this swing. There was a bench opposite the pond, and the swing was extra fun if one stood on the bench to get in the swing and then pushed off the bench for momentum.





On May 30, the Wednesday following Memorial Day, I took the girls to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. Evie was adamant that she ride one of the big horses and she was super excited to hop back in the saddle again.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Just LOVE Evie's face on the horse and on the swing!!!